Monday, March 18, 2013

The Long Road Home

I know I may seem crazy dating Blake again, but one thing I have learned without him is how much I truly love and miss him. Our lives seem to keep colliding although we have been apart. 



1. The first incident that truly stands out was  Halloween  2012

Everyone that truly knows me should know how much I love Halloween and how I will always go all out planning my costume for next year far in advance. When I was with Blake I had already purchased our costumes before we broke up. The costumes was that of Hansel and Gretel and I left his costume at his house in his closet when I left and took mine. I would see Blake sometimes on occasion like at work or the grocery store, the mall, or a dinner party of mutual friends. After I moved out and I broke up with him I would not call him and I asked him to not contact me in anyway. As far as facebook he was still on my friends list, but I only liked something he posted a couple times just as I would any friend. Then Halloween 2012 arrived and I decided to wear the costume I purchased that matched Blake's. I was at a bar that had a costume contest and had just walked out of the ladies room when a guy approached me and said Damn if it isn't Gretel. Then he says,  I just passed Hansel over there "Please tell me he is your brother?" My reaction was asking where?  The guy pointed Hansel out and of course it was Blake. I started to leave, but I needed to tell my friends and Blake was at our table. I can't just leave now I tell myself he knows I am here, and just then he looks my way and sees me and smiles and takes a bow. We did talk a lot that night and then started talking on the phone some, but I never had any intention of dating him again. 

2. The second incident was at a faculty Christmas party 2012

We both knew we would both be there and he asked me to go as his date but I wouldn't, but we talked at the party as well and my feelings for the first time in all the time we had been together started to surface. It was time for me to bow out gracefully, and not contact him again. So I did so. 

3. The third incident  was at the grocery store sometimes in January 2013

Blake always shops in town so he doesn't have to drive 20 miles and then stop and shop before getting home, but I had no idea he shopped at this grocery store I was in. We stood there in the store and my mixed vegetables defrosting for at least an hour. It seemed like a few minutes, but when I finally looked at my watch it had been an hour. I ran into another time at this same store, but I was in a hurry to get home. 

4. The forth incident was as I was walking through the mall he came up behind me and scared me and this was in late February 2013.

At this time I was seeing a guy I met at Starbucks and I was reluctant to talk with Blake although I did not tell this to Blake. He asked, if I would join him at the food court and talk but I refused since I was seeing someone. But, we did stand there and talk for about 20 minutes and he listened as I listed all my purchases and how much of a discount I received for each item. haha (Inside Joke) 

5, The fifth incident was as a guy I was seeing and I was seated at the bar waiting for a table at a restaurant on the 2nd of March 2013.

I hear, "there's Amber dude!" and I turn and look into Blake's eyes. He looked sad, lost, hurt but never said a word only stood there for what seemed like an eternity and looked at me. I actually felt hurt and embarrassed. 


I have to admit I had seen Blake countless times at work and there was a point that I would avoid him if I possibly could, and for the longest time I would not talk to him. I simply did not know what to say to him. But, on this Sunday morning as I returned home from a date I could not wait 5 minutes without calling Blake. Asking him to come over so we could talk. He was asleep when I called him. He had left the restaurant and went straight home. This was the first time ever I truly realized he loved me and the first time ever I realized I loved him. 

At this point there is just dating/starting over. 

Far too much had happened to pick up where we left off and start over again. For the first time ever I am in love with him and I know this without a doubt. 

I am happy being in love again and happy that someone loves me back. 

I never thought I could love this way again, but it has happened.



I LOVE YOU BLAKE ROSSI  

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment