Monday, March 18, 2013

Things That Drive Me Crazy


  1.  People who type in text speak.  You know...I get it.  Before we had qwerty keyboards on our phones, it was a lot easier to type "u" instead of "you" and ""gr8" instead of "great."  Now that you can type with the strength of a regular keyboard, please stop acting as if you have a limited number of spaces and are trying to create a personalized license plate. It's not funny, it's hard to read, and it makes you look uneducated. 
  2. When people change the spelling of a perfectly good word to create a business or blog name with repetitive letters. Yeah, yeah. I get it. My name starts with a "A" and there are more "C" words than "A" words that I could use in a business name. That doesn't give me the right to change the word. It's not catchy. It's not quirky. It just makes you hard to find in the phone book. If you are reading this and your blog falls into this category, I don't think you're a bad person. But I probably don't like the name of your blog. Sorry. You don't have to like the name of mine either.
  3. Speaking of spelling: when Microsoft Word insists that it knows what I want to type. I know, I am a far worse speller these days than I was before spell check. But seriously - just underline it in red and I'll come back to it.  Please don't change it for me on the fly. You just might be wrong and I might miss it. And while we're busy with that spell check thing - if it is capitalized - LIKE MY NAME - I have probably spelled it correctly.  Yes, I know I can turn on that "ignore capitalization" thing and I know I can add my name to the Dictionary. Just stop questioning me on my spelling, darn it!
  4. People who wait until the last minute to merge - intentionally.  Yes. I'm talking to you, jerkface. I know you saw that "lane closed ahead ahead" sign somewhere within the last 2 miles just like I did. Instead of trying to find a nice place to merge early and make for a smooth transition where everyone can continue to drive along seamlessly, you feel you need to rush up to the front where the lane finally does end and take advantage of someone nice enough to let you in - or worse yet, try to nose your way in.  Guess what?  I love when my fellow motorists and I join together in a silently understood gesture of solitude and bunch up together as to not let you in. It makes me happy on the inside. 
  5. When people speak poorly of everyone else's driving, yet drive like an idiot themselves. I know...I'm really setting myself up with this one and the last one.  But I will admit I am not the best driver on earth. I do, at least, usually try to be cautious although I don't always succeed.  These people I am speaking of make generalizations about EVERYONE else's driving and then become more a part of the problem than part of the solution. I have a good friend that is like this. I have jokingly made a comment about it, but for the most part, have to bite my tongue. 



2 comments:

  1. Now that's a gr8 list that u made there! MayB some1 will learn from it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that will be you Donnie Kelly ;)

    ReplyDelete