Saturday, February 2, 2013

"A New Adventure"



I have met someone that seems too good to to be true at this time in my life. It all came out of left field  as his Latte was spilled in front of me at Starbucks on Tuesday morning. As he turned around to say that he was sorry and was trying to clean the spill with napkins as he was talking to his boss on his cell. It was really not his fault since the guy behind the counter almost threw his Latte at him. The guy behind the counter realized he was at fault and was apologizing also. Then the guy now on the floor looked up at me and our eyes met with an instant attraction on my part. Then he became concerned that he may have burned me , but he received the blunt of the spill down his pants into his shoes and I could tell he was very embarrassed. I got some napkins and said for him to clean himself and I would get the spill off the floor when a guy with a mop suddenly appeared and I jumped as he held the mop handle and threw the mop head right beside my hand and it splashed on me. Needless to say Starbucks did not have it together that morning. The guy received his second Latte and turned and left. 

I looked back and was thinking to myself damn he was hot, but I didn't see him and felt disappointed. As I went to pay for my order the guy said that guy paid for yours and gave me $1.12 back in change. I was shocked I didn't have to pay, but I took the money and was leaving. I still felt disappointed. Story of my life. As I walked out the door I hear Miss are you alright? It was the guy in front of me and he had waited for me. I said, Oh yes I am fine are you okay? He said, besides being embarrassed in front of a beautiful woman I am great I just need to go home and change now. Then he turned as if to walk away and I said have a good day. He turned and said, I feel like such a fool to ask this. But, are you single? I said, Yes I am. He said, you don't have to but I have my card here if you would call me sometimes I would love that. Then he said, but I am sorry I am in such a rush I hope to hear from you. Then he smiled and said, it is up to you if you want to call, but I am sorry about all the mess. Then he said, I must go now, and hope to hear from you sometimes and went and got into his car and left. I still stood there dumbfounded and then realized I had his name on his card, but he didn't have my name. 

As I drove to work I wondered what would I say when I called "I am the woman in Starbucks that you almost spilled coffee on?" I could not get the incident out of my head all day at work. I wondered if I should call that day or wait like everyone does on TV thinking they will seem too eager. I could not wait to call him, but I did. I had the modeling shoot and work and then when I came in it seemed to be too late to call him so I didn't. I worked hard and came in late the next night and put it off yet again. All the while thinking he would have forgotten me by now so I was off today and I summoned all my nerve and called at 8:10pm tonight.


He said, Hello and I said hello and the next thing he said is please be the beautiful woman from Starbucks, but I believe my southern accent in saying hello gave me away. haha I said, I am the woman from Starbucks and my name is Amber. His name is Kyle and he is a Systems Engineer for Avid Technology here in Baltimore and is from Chicago and graduated from Cornell University. He too lost his girlfriend of six years a couple of years back and has had trouble moving on in life. He too believes in love still, but has not dated a lot either. He has 3 siblings and his mom and dad are still happily married after 37 years of marriage and Kyle is the second child and 32 years old. 

The longer we talked the more we seem to have in common. I was so surprised when he said, I am starving after two hours on the phone. He had dinner plans with friends and was getting ready to go out when I called, but he never said anything. He said, He would rather talk with me than to go out and hated that he had mentioned it. But, he really scored points with me that he stayed in to talk to me when he could have went out and had fun with his friends. 

We have made a date for tonight. I am still awake and blogging, but I am not posting it on my facebook page just yet since I don't want to jinx it. I know it is far to early at this point to know anything, but I like him and I am focused on him. I want him to like me and I know he does so far since he said, that he was glad that we talked on the phone first because we were able to cover so much in a few hours. He said, It can only get better from here Amber. You know I almost believe it will. 

   

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was watching a chick flick while reading this or reading a Nicholas sparks book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no it is real. He is the Kyle leaving me roses ;)

    ReplyDelete