Saturday, June 8, 2013

For Granny



The other day I saw a rose... a human one 
I mean...a woman who portrayed to me ...
the beauty of a queen... 
her face was filled 
with character...
that only years can mold....
her smile held real sincerity...
that shone as purest gold...
her graying hair caressed her head... 
much like a silver crown...
the tenderness within her eyes... 
caused her to look renown...
I marveled at the way she walked....
each step a work of art...
old in years but all the same...
so very young at heart... 
her countenance was that of faith...
and hope in days to be... 
lined with a velvet sweetness...
which fashioned heaven's key... 
and so I write this verse
for her... in effort to disclose... 
the little things which made her seem...
to me a human rose.



No comments:

Post a Comment