Thursday, August 15, 2013

INFERNO by Dan Brown Revised





Warning: Spoiler Alert!

1) I have seen that the primary figure in most of the action novels is a stand-in for the author. It is loosely based on the author or rather what he would like to be or thinks of himself. He is almost perfect, the women just love him. He escapes capture and defeat in the (n-1) th second. "Handsome face", "couldn't help liking the Harvard professor" are oft repeated.

2) The antagonist is deeply troubled by overpopulation and asks some pertinent questions but that plot is completely muddled up by introducing this concept of superhuman by the same set of people who want to alter gene sequences (YAWN)
And without doubt, I was rooting for them and when I knew the virus/bacterium had already been released that will make one-third of the earth's population infertile, my heart sang. YES!!

3) In Angels and Demons and Da Vinci code, the plot was clear. It unraveled well, with one plot leading o another. Here, so much of the symbolism goes over my head, I am unable to recall one clear

4) Brown has actually done a product placement in his book! What the.. No, I am not going to repeat it.

5) The writers should be taken to task for allowing such huge repetitions. Now, come on! The Guardian's review of the book had me LMAO.


http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/may/19/dan-brown-inferno-review


No comments:

Post a Comment