Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Love Of Music



My piano is back home in Georgia, but two guitars are leaned up against the wall of my living room. I listen to music, but I haven't played in so long. The strings on my guitars glare at me, and dare me to tune them.

I stopped in the music store, and walked through.

"Feel free to try anything you like out..." the guy running the place said. So I wandered about, and tried a Fender or or two. Wandered out again, and drove home. Looked at my guitars, and tuned one and strummed a bit.

Earlier this year, I stopped at the Blues Benefit for the County Humane Society. And wow...I sat through some good tunes. I was only there for about an hour and a half, but my toes tapped the whole time. I wish I knew someone who'd come with me...but I don't know anyone here yet that likes that sort of thing I do, so I went solo.
Course, when there's live music, I'm rarely lonely!


No comments:

Post a Comment