Sunday, June 23, 2013

JUST A THOUGHT



I am usually interested in many things (at once). I find myself doing a little bit of this, and that, and back again to "this". I find myself getting rather excited, to connect a meaningful thought or two until the thoughts evolve into an idea. These days, I am writing ideas in a plain old blue blank journal book. Something about the ink on paper, and the fact that my words cannot be rubbed away or deleted is comforting.

Revisiting ideas and building upon them happens when I pull out the journal and read. To think deeply, and to intentionally concentrate on one big idea is luxury these days.

I recently read a study that suggests that unregulated technology use in children may actually change their brains...that skimming superficially for information rather than digging, understanding, and internalizing information has become the norm.

Any good thing can become too much of a good thing. Technology too, if we aren't careful. And I LOVE being able to use it, but in moderation.


No comments:

Post a Comment