Saturday, April 20, 2013

Veggie Juice Dinner



My Running, Workouts and the onset of warmer weather makes me particularly dislike eating.  I can be starving hungry but nothing will strike my fancy so I usually end up eating fresh veggies out of the crisper yet    Again.


Last night I was hot, hungry and not interested in food but knowing I hadn't come anywhere near my intake of good nutrition of the day.  So I grabbed some celery, a carrot, half a giant cucumber, 2 plums and 6 oranges.  This all went through the juicer and straight into the blender where I added some ice, 2 big handfuls of baby spinach and a splash of blackcurrant and apple juice.  After blending it made just over a liter of juice for my dinner.


Delicious and nutritious (anyone finish and place the quote?!).


And now I'm hunting down more excellent juice combinations.  Any you can recommend?



No comments:

Post a Comment