Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My week so far



I was very surprised at how things have went at work this week. I suppose I do not know all the rules here as of yet, but I was very surprised at how much I have actually worked on my own. I know at my previous hospital that when someone new joined the team they did nothing much but shadow for a week or so with minimal duties assigned to them, but not the case here. I have treated patients, written prescriptions, dictated and worked up charts. I'm Pooped! I worked two very long days and worked through lunch today, because I just never found the time.

Although, I did feel at home when I actually saw patients. I suppose there are those of you that know I changed my specialty to pediatric trauma medicine from a Neonatologist? It simply got to be too much for me emotionally. I cared for babies not meant to survive and some didn't, but when they grew and were healthy it was rewarding. Who knows I may return to Neonatology someday, but this is a new adventure for me. I am working in general pediatrics for now.

Last week I have everything set at home. Every service I need and some I do not need has been acquired. I had movers to move me but I loved unpacking and putting everything where I wanted it. As everyone says I put everything in almost the same place (setting). Everything is clean, I mowed the grass with my new lawn mower and weed eatted. Everything looks and smells nice. I was in Gain with Downy fabric softener.I cleaned both the carpets and the hardwoods again  even though they were clean just to be on the safe side.

I suppose you noticed that I have written many blogs prior to going to work. I love to write when I get nervous it calms my nerves. For what it is work I am liking Durham and I find everyone I meet happy, smiling and helpful, just my kind of people.


No comments:

Post a Comment