Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Texting



I have been meaning to write this blog for a while now, but I know once I do I will step on so toes and there will be "Consequences". As a matter of fact I detest texting I very seldom do it. I detest people who are talking to you and there phone rings and they take the call and walk off as if you are not important, or they start texting standing there going ugh huh now to anything you say. I could see if it is a emergency, the husband or wife needing something, or if it is the office adding more work to your even hectic day. But, this is BS something you can do on facebook or text when you get home.Everyone seems so stressed out and more, more people wonder why they are stressed out. You do not give you mind a rest. You are constantly multi tasking and your phone is your life line your stressor.

 I, personally find text messaging to be very impersonal, rude and very cold. What I mean by cold is that I always feel like people through text messages are being mean(even if I know they aren't) because to me words by themselves are cold and it is difficult to express emotion through a text. Does anyone else feel this way about texting or am I just being sensitive?

Of' course text messaging, instant messaging and so on are impersonal. no one these days has the time to just "talk" any more. what ever happen to the days where there was no text messaging, instant messaging or anything of that sort? most people can't even remember life without it. it was always nice and refreshing to hear someone "voice" on the other end of the phone not to mention the fact that things were not lost in translation as they are so often in non voice communication these days.

but on the other hand, it is nice to be able to communicate in short spurts when you are in situations where you are not able to talk such as a meeting or in class. the illustrious "i love you" text is always a winner - lol









No comments:

Post a Comment